Monday 2 June 2014

June is goals month! Time to be productive!


So after a relatively low volume month (around 5.5k games) I feel I've re-accustomed myself to long hours and grinding early mornings so this month I plan on playing and studying around 240 hours as I want to hit my first supernova of the year and also grind out my rent money for my new flat. As this month is gonna be extremely busy and hectic for me I feel its important to plan my week and stick to my plan rigidly. Schedule for the next 4 weeks is;

-Up at 4.30 to go to the gym
-Back by half 7 to eat and get ready for first study session of the day
-Study till 9 then grind around 300-400 games till 6 then final study till 7
-Couple hours relaxing and catching up with flatmates then bed between 9 and 10

To recover fully and not burn out I'll be taking Wednesdays and Sundays off from training and only grinding Monday to Saturday.


I now only need 40k vpps to hit my first supernova so at 6.44vpps a game I'll only have to play a little over 6k games but if all goes to plan I'll have moved up to the 60's well before then and hitting this target will be a walk in the park! As I'm moving to a new apartment early next month this is really going to help me as I just need to break even to be able to afford rent for the next few months thanks to the bonus. I'm also saving up for a new laptop just for poker so hopefully will have some funds left over.


 As mentioned in my previous post I'm going to get back into shape now uni is out of the way and I have a little spare time. I also think its extremely important to keep physically active in some way when grinding long hours and sitting at yours desk for over 60 hours a week. The last couple of weeks of uni where I didn't have time to grind, study AND train I found myself living on a diet of Tesco sandwiches and coffee for breakfast lunch and dinner which is definitely -EV for both poker and mental and physical health.


So this month I have a really intense workout schedule and a diet which should slowly start bringing me back to my previous glory. Fitness and dieting has been a major part of my life for the last 4 years but due to extreme yoyoing thanks to both injury and work I'm in pretty poor shape at the moment (See below).   



Like I said, pretty poor shape especially considering how long I've been training for. But I plan on getting lean enough in the next 12 weeks so that I can clean bulk year round and keep abs!

Anyway, just to keep me on my toes and motivated I'm going to update my blog weekly till the end of the month. It'll give me something to work towards and look forward to a little and will also hopefully provide some interesting reading to look back on once I've moved into my new place.

Best get back to the grind now! Update same time next week! Good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment