Sunday 30 December 2012

FINAL post of the year!

Just a quick update on the month as I've managed to put in another 50k hands since my last post. 

Had a horrible stretch of around 15k hands where I was on the wrong end of every cooler and ran JJ+ into overpairs too many times to count. So dropped 30BI's during that stretch but managed to grind the majority of that back today thankfully! Going out to celebrate NYE tomorow so today was officially my last session of 2012. Hopefully this time next year I'll be looking over a very different looking graph $$$$$$$$! Finished the month at 1.06bb/100 and with around 1k in rakeback to add to it. Feeling on top of my game and looking forward to my nl100 shot.

Some interesting hands from today.......

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2048559
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

erwi68 (MP): $14.63
TEKEN 12 (CO): $28.37
Hero (BTN): $25.00
FoxxDan (SB): $12.59
eLPe21 (BB): $10.00
NIKE'87 (UTG): $29.05

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K of spades 9 of hearts
3 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, eLPe21 calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) 8 of diamonds 9 of clubs Q of clubs (2 players)
eLPe21 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.25) 3 of diamonds (2 players)
eLPe21 bets $1.93, Hero calls $1.93

River: ($6.11) J of diamonds (2 players)
eLPe21 checks, Hero bets $7.07, eLPe21 calls $7.07 all in

 This hand was against a reg. When he bets the turn I put him on air/a 9 as I have history with the player and my check on the flop would induce this kind of bet a lot of the time. When the river hits and he checks to me I figure he's either given up on his bluff or he has weak showdown value (A 9 or a Q). Id never expect him to bet the turn like that with a flush draw and I'd never expect him to check a flush to me on the river. So with that in mind I figured any hands I'm losing to (A9, Q2+) would fold to a shove as I often shove for value on the river (A reg should notice this where the fish don't and still call me light).and I could pick up the pot with a slight overbet a very high percentage of the time (especially as a pair and a ten or a flush draw is well within my range when i flat the turn). When he snapped me on the river I was very surprised but I'm happy to see it as 90% of the time I will actually have it when I shove in this spot.

Actually looking over the rest of my hands from my last session they're all quite standard. Nothing too interesting with the regs. Lots of standard spots vs whales where theyre donating me their whole stack with little or no outs but none worthy to analyse. Hopefully when I start nl100 and nl200 I'll have more interesting hands to share.






3 comments:

  1. Bloody hand converter didn't show what 'eLPe21' held. He turned over JQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd be the flop with K9 there. your assigned turn range is also kind of strange. why do you say just air/9x when he should be betting many more hands than just those? when he turned over QJ, did you reevaluate your handreading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this particular player has something like a 2 percent checkraise stat and looking back at the hand and previous hands ive played with him i'm suprised he didnt donk bet there. I guess I semi-leveled myself on the turn as I figure he's good enough of a player to realise that with my cbet stat being so high that in theory I should be folding the turn a lot especially to an almost pot size bet. Also found taking the passive line on flops recently has greatly increased my game as fish and regs alike love to take a stab on the turn with a wide range. When he turned over JQ I was suprised but at the same time happy to see that he indeed didnt check a flush or a straight to me and as I said earlier he should be folding that spot a lot if he knew anything about my playstyle and took any note of my previous hands I've jammed on the river. Overall I'm happy with how I played the hand but deffo need to re-evaluate his range and also his semi-loose call on the river. Next time I ship into him I'll be taking his money fgor sure haha Cheers for the reply!

    ReplyDelete