Wednesday 2 July 2014

June Update Week 4

This week I'm gonna pretty much bypass poker! Nothing too interesting to report on that front. Volume has been pretty poor this week due to moving house! Think I managed around 25k vpps for the month which obviously is way under what I'd planned for but I did manage to grind out of my horrible downswing from first week and bought my new pc which has already paid for itself. I'm not a fan of goal setting as I've always found it adds unnecessary pressure and the feeling of disappointment when missing a goal can often blemish an otherwise successful timespan.

Like I said last week I've been grinding on multiple machines so I don't have all the results from the last month but I'll post my last 10k games or so for a little bit of closure before I revert back to posting monthly updates.


Thats enough poker talk for the time being anyway! The main news this month has been moving house! Moved in with 3 of my friends from home some of whom I've known since I was about 12. All of them are pretty driven to have a productive and lucrative year so the house should provide a relatively stress free and optimal environment to crush some souls and start my SNE grind next year (very unlikely it'll happen this year now, sorry guyzzz). Just outside of Liverpool city centre with plenty of shops, cafes and other amenities close by it's pretty ideal and for the money were paying we think we've really gotten lucky this year. Photos of the important rooms below!!

Were all big into gaming and films so we've turned the lounge into a bit of a lad cave. 1 of the guys is still yet to move in but when he does we'll have around 700 dvds, a few hundred games and 7 or 8 consoles including an N64 and gamecube. We'll be spending the majority of our evenings and weekends in this room I'd imagine!


And of course no lounge is complete without a 6 foot plush grizzly bear and a slightly depressed looking 5 foot dog #whatdoyougiveamanwhohaseverything


Pretty standard kitchen but plenty big for the 4 of us! Still needs stuff packing away and a little tidy but you get the picture.

And last but definitely not least, my new office space!

Difficult to get a real decent picture as the rooms not huge and my camera is pretty awful but its my first dedicated poker space and I hope to make heaps of money in this spot!

 And everyone needs a grinding buddy! Walt here keeps a watchful eye over my whilst I grind and reminds me there's much more difficult and dangerous ways of making money! Maybe if poker doesn't work out!

Unfortunately poker isn't the only thing to have suffered this last week. Due to some medical checkups, moving and visiting home both gym and diet went down the drain entirely. I'll post a few photos of where I finished my diet for a little comparison but I've actually managed to gain 3 or 4 pounds of pure fat back since these. I'm going away with my family for a week as of Friday but once I'm back I'll back smashing training and diet like never before.

Heres where I started the month-


 And where I finished-


 Not too bad for 3 and a half weeks imo. Dropped around 6 pounds and strength actually went up in the gym. I actually leaned out a little after these photos were taken before I went full yolo with my diet and fucked things up a little. Monthly updates for the rest of the year will be real motivating for me and I guarantee I will look very different in 12 months time.

I think that's enough for now anyway! These weekly updates have actually been a bit of a hindrance more than anything this month so I look forward to switching back to monthly posts. Will have a lot more to report and results both in the gym and at the tables will be a little more significant.

Hope you've enjoyed reading the past few weeks anyway and no doubt I'll see you at the tables or irl in the near future! Laters!


No comments:

Post a Comment