Friday 1 May 2015

Me again!- Turning to the dark side in search of a brighter future


Well it looks like the spin'n'gos may be getting a little bit fishier for the foreseeable future! 
Despite my initial rant about the introduction of pokerstars new format it would seem that these games are still beatable in the longrun for good players and currently games are soft enough that variance isn't enough to put me off!


So disregard my previous doomsday predictions and welcome in the era of the spin and go with me! Ive spent the last 5 weeks playing this new format exclusively and my expected results are more than good enough for me to happily make the switch from hypers. The simple fact of the matter is that these games are soft enough for us to make a very healthy expected return on investment and currently I'm enjoying a new challenge. One thing I really like about these games is that due to the deeper nature of the structure icm plays a less important role in comparison to hypers. ICM in the hypers basically dictates the stakes you will play up to and despite my confidence in my postflop game I feel this is what always hindered me climbing the stakes faster and basically making more money. Now that these games are deeper and we can take advantage of our postflop game to a bigger extent I feel very confident that I can improve my game and my winrate to a level I haven't seen before.


Im not even going to bother complaining about running bad any more as I realise most of you either don't care, don't understand or don't believe me :). These are my results since starting spins (with rakeback added just so it looks a little less underwhelming!).


And year to date.

I actually bricked a 240x spin at the 30s already so that was a shame! Would have made a nice little peak on my graph but hopefully next one I bink I can actually win!

Just a short update here for now. I missed my update last month so I didn't want to get into bad habits of missing posts and this is fairly big news for me to report too. Hypers were a lot of fun but poker evolves and despite my original horror post about these games I'm actually very happy with how things are beginning to shape out.

In other news training in the gym is still going very well, I'm still trying to fit in as many films as possible, my tattoo is very much in the works, I'm now listening to audio books whilst I play as opposed to reading outside of work hours and my flatmates and I are currently looking for a new place to live in the centre of the city! Next month when I'm feeling a little less lazy I'll go into a little more detail about some of those things but for now I need to get back to the tables! Rakeback isn't going to make itself!








No comments:

Post a Comment