Monday 5 January 2015

Happy New Year! Well overdue update!


Quite often when the new year comes around we find ourselves inundated with the echoes of 'New year, new me', 'A fresh start' or other such clichéd rhetoric that by definition has little real meaning behind it. But the fact of the matter is that we all (including myself) like to believe that a new year is a new start and that anything that passed in the previous year (whether it be 6 months ago or 6 minutes ago) can be improved upon in one way or another(And granted, sometimes it is). The point I'm trying to make out of this slightly pessimistic intro is that for a poker player the turning of 2015 has a real quantifiable meaning to it, At the beginning of January pokerstars wipes the metaphorical slate of our accumulated vpps and we start a fresh. Basically this means I came to terms mid to late last year with the fact that Supernova Elite was out of my grasp (See figure 1a) but now with this fresh slate I have a whole 12 months to try and play enough games and accumulate enough points to make this epic milestone.

(Figure 1a)

This past year hasn't been bad at all though! Despite that slightly cynical first paragraph my years been one of the most successful of my life in many ways. Meeting new friends, travelling to new countries, spending time with my family, making a living from a hobby I picked up almost 8 years ago, moving in with close friends from home. I wouldn't swap a single one of these things to have hit SNE this last year. Sure you have to make sacrifices if you want to achieve something out of the ordinary and a little beyond the grasp of others but I hope (and believe) this year I can strike a balance between those just listed  and poker to achieve all this AND hit the target of SNE. I'm at risk of repeating myself too many times but the opportunity presented to me by pokerhaven is not one that comes around every day and although I've always felt money wasn't the be all and end all to my happiness I do want to reward them for having faith in me and generally putting up with me!

''Thanks guyz''

I haven't updated this page for a while and the reason being was that there honestly wasn't much to report! Last few months of 2014 were a mixture of grinding, illness, and not much in-between but I'm hoping I can revive this blog a little over the next few months with some slightly more interesting posts. I plan to do a fair bit of travelling this year with ambition to play a lot of the live circuit in the UK as well as a few European EPT events (Barcelona, Prague to name a couple) and also visit Curacao again. These trips alone should easily fill my monthly post but the road to SNE and if all else fails the road to the higher stakes should be an interesting one in itself. 

Anyway! I've had a few weeks off for Christmas and catching up with my family so I should get back to work now! I expect to be a little rusty this week so fingers crossed I don't smash my bankroll in the first day or two! A few people commented to me both in person and online over the past few weeks about my lack of updates and I really appreciate the fact that people have noticed! For any of you regular readers out there I'd like to say a big thank you and I wish you a happy new year!

Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment